2 X Sound Proof Walls in 1970 Terrace
We were asked to sound proof a spare bedroom as it was unbearable! The next door neighbour played his drums in the lounge which was adjacent to the garage wall that backed onto the bedroom wall. The bedroom wall & Garage wall was Sound Proofed using Acoustic metal stud, Acoustic mineral wool and 2 layers of 15mm sound board and sealed with acoustic mastic then plastered to a float flat finish. The bedroom needed extra walls plastering and the coveing were renewed together with the skirting board.
You have made our UNLIVEABLE ROOM, LIVEABLE!!!
A large 2 bed victorian maisonette which had problems with Airborn & Impact noise in their main bedroom created by neighbours upstairs who had sanded floor boards.
- Erected Scaffolding across the whole of the floor to enable a safe working height was achieved.
- The existing ceiling was taken down and found no insulation between the joist.
- The ceiling was insulated with acoustic mineral wool (100mm)
- Resilient bars were installed at 400mm centres onto the existing joist.
- Two layers of 15mm sound boards were installed and overlapped at all joints and sealed at all connecting surfaces. (The older houses never tend to have straight walls so this is an important part of the installation to make sure no leakage, it also helps with flanking).
- The sound proof ceiling was then plastered to a float flat finish ready for painting.
Another happy customer who was delighted with a great Day & nights sleep (Junior doctors)
Sound Proof Ceiling – Self contained appt in Bath
- Plastered to a float flat finish
- Double boarded with 15mm sound board(db)
- Used resilient bar on existing joist at 400mm centres.
- Sound proof ceiling using resilient bars and Cellecta Fibrefon Micro 50 acoustic insulation
Nick was excellent. He turned up as arranged to view the job, and provided a very quick, thorough and professional quotation which was priced as expected. Upon acceptance, he again arrived to carry out the work as planned. He was very efficient, tidy, and professional. A good tradesman, and also very pleasant in character. I've been in the building trade all my life. I would have no hesitation in recommending Nick to anyoneMr Chris F - Limpley Stoke