A large 2 bed victorian maisonette which had problems with Airborn & Impact noise in their main bedroom created by neighbours upstairs who had sanded floor boards.
- Erected Scaffolding across the whole of the floor to enable a safe working height was achieved.
- The existing ceiling was taken down and found no insulation between the joist.
- The ceiling was insulated with acoustic mineral wool (100mm)
- Resilient bars were installed at 400mm centres onto the existing joist.
- Two layers of 15mm sound boards were installed and overlapped at all joints and sealed at all connecting surfaces. (The older houses never tend to have straight walls so this is an important part of the installation to make sure no leakage, it also helps with flanking).
- The sound proof ceiling was then plastered to a float flat finish ready for painting.
Another happy customer who was delighted with a great Day & nights sleep (Junior doctors)